This article helps you understand the details about the Cent Kalyani Scheme, one of the Government schemes to support women in India. It also explains the process of applying for the scheme.
Women are a force, waiting to take over the world run for long enough by men. Overcoming the social construct of patriarchy, fighting the age-old norms by succeeding in every aspect of life, and standing equally among men is what truly defines feminism in today’s world. A few centuries ago, women didn’t have the right to speak, voice their opinion, or even a right to vote. Decades later, they fought for their freedom.
Women joined the workforce a few years later. Ever since then, they have been working explicitly as a human resource. As easy as it sounds, the journey has been not. At each step, there were hurdles: the fear of the society changing its structure, the thought of a power shift throughout the world must have been scary. We all talk about equality, questions even; why does she get more benefits? Why are men sidelined? Why should men work harder?
Well, the answer is- women have always had to work twice as hard to achieve half of what men have. What makes such a huge difference is the resources. These resources have been handed down to sons by their fathers and grandfathers over the ages. Thus, we believe in a concept of equity more than equality. For you can never achieve equality without equity. The government of India recognizes the essential nature of this philosophy, which is why it has come up with various plans and schemes to uplift women in India.
Learn more about – Loans For Women Entrepreneurs – List Of 10 Business Loan Schemes For Women Entrepreneurs In India
As the country develops, more men and women are leaving the comfort of their jobs while they understand the concept of entrepreneurship. The field is not a walk through the park; the stress, the instability, the risk that comes with it requires support from external sources. The Government of India has decided to lend this support to different citizens based on their financial and social status, and it is striving to achieve the same for the women of the country.
What all should you know about the Cent Kalyani Scheme?
The number of entrepreneurs has only been increasing despite the risk it involves. In India, 80% of the population is self-employed in the informal sector. That has led to an increase in service sector GDP from 37% in 1991 to 54% in 2021. As a result, the government and private sectors are now launching various initiatives to support entrepreneurs who, in turn, contribute to the country’s economy. And, one such scheme empowering women entrepreneurs is the Cent Kalyani Scheme.
One of the schemes meant to empower and support women is the Cent Kalyani scheme. It is functional under the central bank of India and offers financial support to women entrepreneurs trying to make it in the world. The Cent Kalyani Scheme helps women entrepreneurs jump through all the financial barriers they come across while establishing their businesses. Regardless of the organization’s size, the financial support extends to all women entrepreneurs, assisting them with the necessary finances to take their business off the ground.
The main motto of the Cent Kalyani scheme is to provide financial support to women entrepreneurs running small or medium businesses. It encourages women to start or expand their existing businesses.
The target group of the Cent Kalyani scheme are women running micro/small/medium businesses. These may be new or existing enterprises; described under the MSME Act 2006. Women working in the manufacturing and service sectors can benefit. It includes women working as –
- Daycare helpers
- Salon workers
- Tailoring services
- Handloom weaving handicraft
- Food processing
- Cloth industry and others
- Doctors, chartered accountants, teachers, engineers, or training in art and craft can also benefit from it.
Learn more about – What Are MSMEs? Its Definition, Benefits, Registration Process And Classifications Explained
- To serve – One of the jobs is to help women receive jobs, subsidies, and benefits of the schemes by the government.
- To identify – The next essential element is to identify women of dire need. The project works towards the encouragement of women by supporting them financially in their endeavors.
- To advise – The Cent Kalyani scheme aims to help women guide through the initiation of their business to its expansion.
- To coordinate The Cent Kalyani scheme balances between government and non-government organizations to obtain maximum benefits for the beneficiaries.
Nature of Facility
1. Fund-based working capital facility
In this type, the bank provides credit like loans, overdrafts, and other cash transactions.
2. Non-fund-based financial service
In this service, the bank does not involve cash transactions or funds. These include letters of credit, bank guarantees, letters of comfort, etc.
Under the Cent Kalyani scheme, support up to 100 lacs can be provided with an additional margin of 20%.
Rate of Interest
The interest rate has been assigned for the entrepreneurs to receive maximum benefits from the Cent Kalyani scheme; while they can afford to pay back the loan.
Following are the interest rates according to the loan:
- Up to 10 lacs – MCLR + 0.25% loan
- 10 – 100 lacs – MCLR + 0.50% loan
The tenure of the loan will be for seven years with no security. Additional interest concession is 0.25% for accounts under an external agency.
What can you keep as security?
Security is any financial asset traded for being provided with a loan or any financial support. It is a form of guarantee to the bank which ensures the repayment of the loan. Lesser requirement of security helps beneficiaries as it also determines the amount of loan they receive. It includes –
- Primary security – It consists of stocks, machinery, and other assets required for the business. These are all created by the bank’s funds.
- Collateral security – No collateral security as advance is required.
- Third–party guarantee – It is not required as also covered by the guarantee cover of CGTMSE.
- CGTMSE – Credit Guarantee Trust for Micro and Small Enterprises is a financial institution that provides institutes with credit guarantees such as loans. Apply under CGTMSE to avail all the benefits and avoid collateral security in other schemes.
Learn more about – CGTMSE Loan For MSMEs – What Is Credit Guarantee Fund Scheme?
Now that you have understood the details of the Cent Kalyani Scheme. We shall help you with how to apply for it.
How to Apply for Cent Kalyani Scheme?
First, you have to download an online application form from the official website of the Central bank of India.
Be ready with all the necessary documents for a smooth application to run through. The forms should be correctly filled. Deposit the required documents and the forms at the nearest branch of the Central bank of India.
Following is a list of documents that you shall require.
a) Identity Proof
- Voter ID
- Aadhar card
- Driving license
- PAN card
- KYC Documents
b) Address Proof
- Telephone bill
- Electricity bill
- Property tax receipt
- Voter’s ID card
c) Income Proof
- Balance Sheets
- Profit and loss account statements
- Other financial documents
d) Business Proof
- Profile of enterprise
- Letters of interest
- Letter of guarantee
There is no processing fee for the loan to be approved. Do not get into a trap by spending money to get approval earlier.
For more details, you can visit the nearest bank branch or contact cell no. – 02266387777.
In India, women own merely 20% of the micro, small and medium businesses, while it is still a male-dominated sector. Even in the most developed countries like the U.S., the participation of women in the entrepreneurial sector is 31%. The social difference, education gaps, and gender norms still hold women from utilizing talent to their full potential.
As the world changes with each passing day, there is hope for a better future indulging empowered women in all aspects of life. The government has pledged to work towards this goal to improve the financial status of the country.
Are you a woman who has been looking to expand her horizons? Do you wish to develop beyond the limits of your household, your 9-5 job? The Cent Kalyani Scheme caters to your best interests and stands as a spine to your business plan. Now is the time; don’t step back; fly the highest and the farthest because the world needs you!!
Related Read About
- Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana – Mudra Loan Features, Benefits and Documents Required
- What Is Mahila Udyam Nidhi Scheme & Mahila Uddyami Scheme?
- What Is The Difference Between Stand-Up India And Startup India Schemes?
- What Is SFURTI Scheme? Its Eligibility, Application Process, Subsidy & Benefits Explained
- What is Business Planning? The 6-Step Procedure To Create A Business Plan
- 7 Best Business Ideas With Low Investment For Indian Entrepreneurs
- Importance Of Idea Validation – Know Its Pillars And How To Validate Your Idea
- How To Become An Entrepreneur And Start Your Business? Explore The Step By Step Process
- What Are The Business Licenses? Explore The List Of Business License & Permits In India
- What Is The Procedure For Incorporation Of Company In India?