Are you searching for detailed information on Udyog Aadhar? If yes, you’re in the right place. In this article, you’ll discover various things, from the definition of Udyog Aadhar to its registration process in detail.
Usually, Udyog Aadhar is referred to as the Aadhar Card for businesses as it states the existence of an enterprise or business legally. Hence, it’s highly recommended to register for the UAN from micro to medium businesses.
However, if you’re pretty new to this concept, don’t worry. Once you read the article, you’ll understand its features, benefits, and application process. So, are you ready to get started? Let’s move in.
What is Udyog Aadhar and its Features?
Udyog Aadhar is a 12-digit number given to micro, small, and medium enterprises by the Indian government. The concept of this 12-digit number is quite similar to the Aadhar Card Number given to every citizen of the country. That’s why it’s often known as the Aadhar Card for Business. According to the reports, over 4.8 million MSMEs in India have registered for the Udyog Aadhar Number (UAN).
Features of Udyog Aadhar
- The quick registration process with just one click.
- No need to visit the office for the registration process.
- File a Udyog Aadhar Memorandum via self-declaration leveraging the business or enterprise details.
- File more than one UAN using the same Aadhar Number.
- It doesn’t charge a fee.
- All you need to register Udyog Aadhar are Aadhar Card Number, Bank Details, Specific address, and business name.
In general, the application process of MSME registration is complicated, time-consuming, and tiring. Thanks to the Udyog Aadhar, it has changed the whole equation of business registration and made this hectic process a simpler one. Usually, the government provides the certification for the businesses after registering for the UAN.
The Udyog Aadhar registration is highly recommended for sole proprietor business owners to acquire official recognition for their business. This UAN is beneficial for anyone without official business recognition. Most significantly, it supports the existence of business and notifies the government about your business. So, even in case of complexities, the official registration certification helps you to proceed legally without a hitch.
In addition, other kinds of businesses apart from sole proprietor businesses can also apply for this Aadhar number to enjoy immense benefits as provided to the MSMEs. If you’re unsure about the benefits of UAN, skip to the next section.
Why Should You Apply for Udyog Aadhar Registration?
Once you earn the registration certificate from the ministry of MSMEs, you can avail of tons of benefits in the form of multiple schemes. Usually, the Ministry of MSMEs provides various schemes covering security, protection, development, and up-gradation. Meanwhile, you can also avail of the same schemes after getting the UAN.
Here is the list of various benefits of Udyog Aadhar Number (UAN)
- Business owners can get bank loans effortlessly for up to one crore. For this, the banks don’t even ask for collateral or mortgage.
- High priority in the government tenders.
- The disputes will be resolved as soon as possible.
- These businesses can enjoy 50% off on trademark and patent fees.
- Also, you get discounts on electricity bills, protection from late payments, tax rebates, and exclusion from the bank OD interest rates.
- MSMEs with registration certificates get special facilities from states and union territories, international affairs, and several reservation advantages.
- You can enjoy redemption of direct tax laws, reimbursement for ISO certification, and hassle-free collateral-free loans.
- Avail of 15% subsidy to upgrade equipment, machinery tools, or other technological tools under CLSS Scheme.
- Avail of barcode registration subsidy, NSIC performance and credit rating scheme, IPS subsidy, and about 50% subsidy on the patent registration.
- One Of the essential benefits from the UAN is guarantee cover up to 80% and zero registration fees and stamp duty.
These are the few benefits covered by registered businesses. However, the Indian government offers a lot more other benefits and schemes for UAN registered businesses. So, whether you’re sole proprietor business owners or other kinds of businesses, make sure to apply for the Udyog Aadhaar as soon as possible.
Learn more about – Benefits Of MSME Registration In India
How to Apply Udyog Aadhar Number (UAN)? The Detailed Step-by-step Registration Process
The registration process to obtain a Udyog Aadhar Number is easier and takes a few minutes. However, it takes almost ten days to get a registration certificate after verifications of all your business documents and address details. The best thing about this UAN is it costs ₹0.
Follow the below-given steps carefully to officially register your business.
Udyog Aadhar Registration Process
- Visit the official website by clicking the below-given link. https://udyogaadhaar.gov.in/UA/UAM_Registration.aspx.
- Enter the Aadhar card number(12 digits) to start the process and provide the business owner’s name as included in the Aadhar Card. Make sure you provide the name as included in your Aadhar Card or else, the application might get rejected due to mismatching of names.
- Provide the caste certificate. Although a caste certificate isn’t highly essential, there are a few chances where the appropriate higher officials ask it for document verification.
- Enter the company or enterprise name and its address details. Provide the legal address from where the business is operated.
- In case you’ve numerous businesses in various destinations, you’re allowed to apply for multiple Udyog Aadhaar Numbers using a single Aadhar Card.
- Choose the legal entity type.
- If the business is under proprietorship, the proprietor PAN needs to be provided, whereas, in the case of an LLP or Company, you should provide the entity’s PAN.
- Type in the business address, email address, and mobile number.
- Provide business establishment date, previous MSME address, and bank details(mostly IFSC code and Bank Account Number).
- Select the business activity and National Industrial Classification (NIC) code. You can find the code in the NIC handbook.
- Choose total employees, investment amount on business equipment and activities. However, it’s recommended not to mention land or building charges.
- Finally, fill in the district industry center and verify all the details. Make sure all the entered details are appropriate.
Once you’ve completed filling in the details, submit them and verify details via OTP sent to your mobile number. After the complete process, you’ll also receive an acknowledgment number that can be used in the future.
How Do I Edit or Update Udyog Aadhar?
Do you want to update or edit your Udyog Aadhar number? If yes, follow the below-given instructions carefully.
- Navigate to the official website and enter your current UAN.
- Type in the verification code and hit the submit button.
- You’ll soon receive an OTP to your mobile number for which the Aadhar Card has linked.
- Change the required details and submit the changes.
That’s it. You’re done with the changes. Since it’s pretty simple, you don’t require any technical knowledge or specific skills to update your current UAN.
Udyog Aadhar Number (UAN) FAQs
Is there any difference between MSME Registration, Udyog Aadhar Registration, and Udyam Registration?
How do I know whether I’m eligible for UAN or Udyam Registration?
I have MSME registration. Should I need to apply for Udyam Registration again?
How long should I wait to avail of Udyam Registration?
Can a trader or wholesaler apply for Udyam Registration?
Is there an expiry date for the Udyam Registration certificate?
Related Read About
- How To Register As A Startup Company In India? Registration Benefits & Documents Required
- What Are The Business Licenses? Eligibility, Documents & How To Apply? Explore The List Of Business License & Permits In India
- What Is MSME Cluster Development? Programme Initiatives, Objectives And How To Apply?
- Grab MSME Loan In 59 Minutes – The Detailed Guide To PSB Loan Benefits & How To Apply
- What Is RoDTEP Scheme? Its Benefits, Requirements For Traders & Exporters
- What Is TReDS? A Complete Guide To Trade Receivables Discounting System And Criteria for Establishing and Operating the TReDS
- What Is CLCSS Or Credit Linked Capital Subsidy Scheme? What are the Benefits of CLCSS for Technology Upgradation?
- List Of MSME Project Profiles – A Detailed Guide To MSME Projects In India